- Blizzard Announced the next hero set to take the stage in Overwatch. Orisa is a robot reprogrammed by a young genius named Efi and was programmed to help the citizens of Numbani. As someone who goes out of their way for others, Orisa is pegged to be the 6th tank in the Overwatch lineup. Her abilities make her seem like she will be a great contributor to a dive composition in Overwatch. You can read our full overview of Orisa here.
- The Game Developers Choice Awards took place earlier in the week and crowned its game of the year for 2016. As no surprise, Overwatch took home the honors as it continues to assert itself as the best shooter on the market. There were a couple more games that took home some big awards and you can find them in our GDCA round up.
- Microsoft announced a brand new Netflix-like subscription service that will be making its way to Xbox One owners. The Xbox Game Pass is going to be $9.99 per month for Xbox owners and they will get to play certain titles if they are subscribed. You can get more details about the Xbox Game Pass here.
- Monolith and Warner Bros. announced the sequel to game of the year winner Shadow of Mordor. Shadow of War is set to take place after the events of the first Middle Earth game. It will be keeping the same protagonist and is slated to hit shelves this August. You can find the trailer and more information here.
- Twitch announced its “Get it on Twitch Program” on Monday. This program will allow the audience of a partnered streamer to purchase select games directly from the streamers page. Ubisoft and Telltale are already on board with the service and you can expect to be able to purchase games like Ghost Recon and Telltale’s The Walking Dead directly from Twitch this Spring. You can get the full details of the program and it’s benefits here.
This past week was a huge week for not just news but releases as well. Let us know what you have been most excited about this last week by tweeting us @TheNerdChambers, and don’t forget to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram!